It’s cold and yes, I know it’s winter, but you know what? I am getting a little sick of it! I am not going to buy one more sweater this season so I thought the best way to add spice to my winter wear is with a new beanie! Fun and edgy this new piece tops it all off for me! Take a look at some of my faves…
Yes, we are in the dead of winter, but this year I am planning for Summer-now! I have an intense workout plan that if all goes right, should have me bikini ready just in time! (Bod Squad here I come!)
I will say though, That I am so tired of my usual workout uniform. Needless to say when I discovered the new Stella McCartney/Adidas Collaboration, I thought this new line just might be the ticket, because lets face it, I want to rock it in the gym too!!
The new collaboration is performance wear that is both functional and luxurious. It includes fashion-forward running, yoga and tennis outfits with just the right amount of edge and comfort!
I have had a hankering for spicy nuts! The only problem is that all the ones I have found are made with cane sugar, an ingredient I am trying to eliminate from my diet! So, I thought I’d try to make my own version made with organic maple syrup and they turned out fabulously! I used organic, raw cashews, but any nut you prefer would work. These do have a little heat, but you can calm the palate with a great glass of cabernet sauvignon!
• 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
• 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• 3 cups raw unsalted organic cashews
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or other non-stick baking surface.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until the cashews are coated.
4. Spread the cashews out across the parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
6. Cool and Enjoy!! I prefer to have a great glass of wine with these nuts!!