I have had a hankering for spicy nuts! The only problem is that all the ones I have found are made with cane sugar, an ingredient I am trying to eliminate from my diet! So, I thought I’d try to make my own version made with organic maple syrup and they turned out fabulously! I used organic, raw cashews, but any nut you prefer would work. These do have a little heat, but you can calm the palate with a great glass of cabernet sauvignon!
• 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
• 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• 3 cups raw unsalted organic cashews
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or other non-stick baking surface.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until the cashews are coated.
4. Spread the cashews out across the parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
6. Cool and Enjoy!! I prefer to have a great glass of wine with these nuts!!
It’s been a while since I have given you a product review, but after a week in the mountains I felt it was my duty to inform you of Rodin’s olio lusso. Created by New York Fashion stylist Linda Rodin, this icon has truly found the cure.
Every winter my skin suffers from dryness—whose doesn’t—but I think I have found product love. A few drops and your skin feels like silk. It’s infused with all the goodness of mother earth: Jasmine, Rose Hip Seed, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Evening Primrose, Apricot, Arnica, Calendula, Neroli, Sunflower, Argan, Juniper, Rosemary
This beautiful oil gives your skin a dewy look and a feel that will indeed hold old-man-winter at bay. Enjoy, and send me photos on Instagram @lolaandpaz of your beautiful dewy skin!
You can buy it at beauty.com and it’s free shipping!
There is a new shinny trend on the horizon: Hologram. This is no Tupac at Coechella deal; it’s the real deal! Designers like Proenza Schouler, Stella McCartney, Lanvin and many others have fab designs for this new spring trend. Take a look and see how you can incorporate this fun trend into your wardrobe without channeling Ziggy Stardust.