You’re gonna “dye” over these jeans! So I got a wild hair and wanted to do a DIY project for you…(Don’t get too excited because I am not doing shit like this too often) So here goes it…you know the tie-dye trend is all hot and heavy right now…and I am lovin’ it, but it’s tie-dye…I mean, we can ALL do tie dye ( why do I hear the song Aquarius playing in my head?)…So, I thought I would give it a shot…and guess what…I’m on trend with my new tie-dye jeans! You know you want them too!!
Here are the steps:
1. All you need is a pair of jeans (I bought $9.95 jeans from H&M), rubber bands, bleach, rubber gloves and a bucket;
2. Fill up your bucket with cold water. Soak your jeans in water until completely wet;
3. Ring them out;
4. Tie as many or as little rubber bands as you want onto your jeans. There is no right or wrong way to do this, the more rubber bands you tie, the more dark patches you will have;
5. Fill your bucket again with water and add half a bottle of bleach (I actually added a bit more than this, but I always think more is better!);
6. Use your rubber gloves when placing your jeans into the water and bleach;
7. Depending on how light you want the tie-dye parts to be, leave your jeans in the bucket for a few hours, check the color every now and then. I left the jeans in less than an hour because I wanted a creamier color.
8. Place something heavy on top of the jeans to keep them under water-bleach mix (as you can see I used a glass vase, because I couldn’t think of anything else to use);
9. Once you are happy with the color, rinse the jeans in cold water then toss them in the washer for a cold-water rinse. Let them air dry and then wash as usual. I had no patience so I didn’t do the regular wash step, because I wanted to shoot the look for you and of course I had the wonderful scent of Clorox permeating around me. Wash before you wear!
Send me photos of your jeans and I will post them on FB & twitter! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am wearing:
H&M Jeans done up DIY Tie-Dye
Equipment blouse, similar style here
Oscar de la Renta shoes ( purchased on sale)
Hermes Collier de Chien Cuff Bracelet