I know I said I wasn’t going to be doing a lot of DIY’s, and I am no Martha…but doing stuff like this is kinda fun. So today I give you the studded tank for summer. Pair with cute jorts (jean shorts: check urban dictionary…it is a word) and heels and viola! You have a sexy summer look. Now get to it!
• Guys white Athletic tank (I wanted the look to be big around the arms)
• Pronged studs from your favorite craft supply store
• Mini pliers
1. Follow the stitching around the neckline front and back of the tank to guide your placement of the studs;
2. I recommend that you place the studs between 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart…it all depends on the kind of look you are going for;
3. Place stud and push prongs through the tank using the pliers to press fabric down around each prong, you want the prongs poking through the inside of the tank;
4. Improvising, I used a cheese spreader, essentially a small butter knife (hey, this is DIY so a girl has to use what’s around) to press all the prongs down in order to lock the studs in place;
5. Do this all the way around and presto…you have a fab look in a matter of minutes!
Let me know how it goes!